- Region: West Midlands
- Salary: £17-25,000
- Posted: 28-02-2017
- Closes: 31-03-2017
- Contract: Permanent
- Job Type: industrial-supplies
Sales Account Executives
Sales Account Executives - Coleshill
This Merit People client are a large independent industrial/domestic consumable supplier, the largest business in their specific sector.
From domestic consumers to multinational corporations, their customers rely on them to supply the highest quality products at consistently competitive prices. They pride themselves on having a friendly and knowledgeable team.
They provide a dependable and expansive supply network and fleet which reaches every corner of the UK, delivering essential products consistently well.
The Successful candidate will be required to maximise the margin generated from every customer opportunity, using a combination of up selling, account management, new customer acquisition and cross-selling as indicated within KPIs / performance targets. They will also be required to work within a team that aims to exceed expectations of customers by effectively identifying and matching customer needs in a professional, responsive and effective manner.
- Use prospect data to make calls that secure sales of products and services by effectively matching customers’ current and potential future needs in line with targets/KPI and the company sales approach.
- Negotiate a sales price within the agreed authority structure to maximise margin from every customer.
- Acquire new customers via referrals from the existing customer base.
- Handle sales calls to the existing customer base with the specific aim of cross-selling other relevant products and services, effectively matching customers’ current and potential future needs with targets and the Company sales approach.
- Log and provide an effective response and resolution to customer enquiries and requests from point of sale to distribution. Ensure accounts are fully maintained and updated in all areas as and when required.
- Ensure all calls are handled in accordance with agreed company standards such as: - data protection, pricing policy, company sales approach.
- Record accurately all customer interactions which take place, in accordance with company guidelines/standards on all required systems.
- Record all quotes communicated to customers into the in-house system.
- Collect and correctly input into the in-house system all customer data that is required by the business.
- Build relationships with teams throughout the business (i.e Credit Control) to ensure excellence in sales and customer service.
- Deal with customers in a polite and courteous manner to maximise customer retention and exceeds customers’ expectations of service.
- Identify all current customer needs, and investigate future potential needs though effective account management, fully utilising the company sales approach, in order to present customers with the relevant products and services that will contribute to their retention.
- Communicate and promote “Core Values” and business objectives within the team.
- Be aware of and understand the departmental and business targets; and the role that you play in their delivery.
Experience & Knowledge
- Minimum of 12 months sales experience, preferably B2B
- Strong negotiation skills
- Confidence in own ability
- High degree of self-motivation and time management
- Ability to work with autonomy
- Resilient, persistent and tenacious
- Target driven / results orientated
Salary range £17,000 - £19,500, On target earnings £24-25,000
Hours of Work Monday – Friday / 08:30 – 17:00
- Uncapped Commission Structure
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Holiday Buy & Sell Scheme
- Mobile Phone Discounts
- Product Discounts
- Kids Pass Discount (50% off attractions)
- Shopping Discounts (up to 70% off retail prices)
Please apply without delay to be considered for interview against these excellent roles.